The Blue Mountains World Heritage Institute is seeking an energetic, personable and purpose-driven person for the role of part time Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Blue Mountains World Heritage Institute is an NGO which works with government, universities, local business and communities to better understand the threats to this unique area, then put in place research, remediation and communications programs to help protect the area. In doing so we seek to provide a blueprint for how other World Heritage areas can be protected and preserved.
The successful candidate for the role will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work with a team to generate then manage an annual communications plan
- Meet key partners to better understand their needs and how BMWHI can help deliver on them
- Manage existing university, government and corporate partners to ensue BMWHI is creating value for them as needed
- Attend local events and present on the mission, purpose and successes of BMWHI in helping protect the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area.
- Liaise with local media to help tell BMWHI success stories and raise the profile of key issues affecting the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area.
- Generate and collate content for Facebook and Instagram,
- Generate and collate content for the BMWHI eDM.
- Manage and develop the Institutes websites
This role could suit a person with 3+ years experience looking to take on more responsibility, or an experienced marketer seeking a part time role with a purpose.
A demonstrated connection to the Blue Mountains is preferable but not essential.
Goals for the first year
- Rebuild existing website
- Establish a communications and marketing strategy in relation to the Institute’s key programs.
- Help develop and undertaker a fundraising strategy for the Institute, while supporting existing sponsors and partners from both the commercial and Government sectors.
Terms and conditions
This is a contract position for 20 hours per week at $40.00 per hour, plus travel and communication expenses. The applicant would report to the Institutes Executive Director, and is expected to work from their own base, but be available to attend regular meetings in Sydney and the Blue Mountains.
There would be a three month trial period built into the contract.
Contact: Send CV & Application Letter to Alex Dunlop firstname.lastname@example.org